“Now accept the one who is weak in faith, but not for the purpose of passing judgment on his opinions...For we will all stand before the judgment seat of God...each one of us will give an account of himself to God.” (Romans 14:1-2)

I have actually heard Christians say that if we are saved we will go directly to heaven and we will not have to give an account for our opinions or anything else. Most Christians apparently believe this.  Of course in saying that they have denied the above clear teaching in the Word of God, and they will, nonetheless, "give an account" to God for that opinion, among other things…assuming the Bible is true.

But as hard as it is for me, I am not to pass judgment on their opinions for it is at the judgment seat of God that opinions will be judged. I am OK and care deeply about being judged BY GOD for those opinions that I have as a result of my personal study of the Bible. And I am in the process of ridding myself of any opinions which I borrowed from others. But I also realize that most people form their opinions by listening to others so in posting my views I pray that what I have determined to be Truth is, in fact, the Truth and will not fuel the fire in that day I account to God...

“For no man can lay a foundation other than the one which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. Now if any man builds on the foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, each man’s work will become evident; for the day will show it because it is to be revealed with fire, and the fire itself will test the quality of each man’s work. If any man’s work which he has built on it remains, he will receive a reward. If any man’s work is burned up, he will suffer loss; BUT HE HIMSELF WILL BE SAVED, yet so as through fire.” (1 Corinthians 3:11-15)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction