“Are they Hebrews? So am I. Are they Israelites? So am I. Are they Abraham’s descendants? So am I. Are they servants of Christ? ...I am more. I have worked much harder, been in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again...” (2 Corinthians 11:22-27)

Who are the “they” Paul is talking about? It was the Jewish “servants of Christ” who kept insisting that Gentiles cannot be saved without joining their group by becoming Proselytes to the Law of Moses.

“…woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites, because you shut off the kingdom of heaven from people; for you do not enter in yourselves, nor do you allow those who are entering to go in.” (Matthew 23:12-13)

Nothing much has changed it seems to me over the past 2000 years. We are still told by our leaders that people must join the church or they will be eternally excluded from the Kingdom of God. But the message from God through Paul says….

“…as in Adam all die, so also in Christ all will be made alive...” (1 Corinthians 15:22)

Again, the salvation of sinners is not an offer to be accepted or an organization to be joined….but good news to be believed. Some are chosen by God and gifted with faith to believe in this life, ALL will believe after the resurrection when…

“EVERY KNEE WILL BOW, of those who are in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and EVERY TONGUE WILL CONFESS that Jesus Christ is Lord, TO THE GLORY OF GOD the Father.” (Philippians 2:8-11)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction