King Solomon said of God…

”Surely He scorns the scorners: but He gives grace to the humble.” (Proverbs 3:34)

The Apostle Peter said it this way…

"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." (1 Peter 5:5)

Proud people scorn humble people…they think of them as weak. However, I am not concerned about what proud men think anymore. I prefer to rely on the grace of God rather than the proud accomplishments of men. In his wisdom writer of Ecclesiastes figured this out and said in his old age…

“I, the Preacher, was king over Israel in Jerusalem. And I set my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all that is done under heaven; this burdensome task God has given to the sons of man, by which they may be exercised. I have seen all the works that are done under the sun; and indeed, ALL IS VANITY AND A GRASPING FOR THE WIND. What is crooked cannot be made straight, and what is lacking cannot be numbered. I communed with my heart, saying, Look, I have attained greatness, and have gained more wisdom than all who were before me in Jerusalem. My heart has understood great wisdom and knowledge. And I set my heart to know wisdom and to know madness and folly. I perceived that THIS ALSO is grasping for the wind.” (Ecclesiastes 1:12-17)

Humble people are familiar with the GRACE of God in this life. Proud men will have to wait until the Great White Throne where before God...

“…EVERY KNEE WILL BOW; by Me every tongue will swear. They will say of Me, In the Lord alone are deliverance and strength…” (Isaiah 45:23-24)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction