I may be wrong. I just have my opinion on things based on personal experience. The same is true for everyone it seems to me. And when we admit we could be wrong it opens the door to learning.

When I decided that I wanted to know what the Bible teaches me I first had to accept the fact that what I had been taught growing up might be wrong. That meant, however, that I had to read the Bible from the best translations I could find, all of it, over and over. And I had to trust my own ability to figure it out without relying on what I had heard in sermons or read in other books and commentaries.

Having done so does not make my opinions correct but it does make them MINE. And I am only interested in other people’s opinions formed in the same way.

Sometimes I wish that all of the information heard in sermons or read in books about the bible could be deleted from our minds. Then we could all start over with...

"In the beginning God created..." (Genesis 1:1)

and end our study with...

"The grace of the Lord Jesus be with all the saints! Amen!" (Revelation 22:21)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction