"Then he said, this is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. And I will say to my soul, Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry. But God said to him, You fool! This very night your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?" (Luke 12:18-20)

Some Philosophers see mankind as creatures of reason, capable of great things while remaining free. They are correct. But great thinkers, builders and entrepreneurs have this in common with the lazy religious and political folks.....they all think too highly of themselves.

So I have put my trust, not in the ability of free thinking men to accomplish great feats, or religious and political leaders to lead, but in my hope in a real, supernatural, omnipotent creator God...capable of raising me from the dead when mankind is finished screwing everything up.

”Trust in the LORD with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction