"He is not fit to live"

Paul relates to us how and why he was nearly killed by the Jewish leaders…

“Then it happened that after my return to Jerusalem, while I was at prayer in the Temple, unconscious of everything else, I saw him (Jesus), and he said to me. Make haste and leave Jerusalem at once, for they will not accept your testimony about me. And I said, But, Lord, they know how I have been through all the synagogues imprisoning and beating all those who believe in you. They know also that when the blood of your martyr Stephen was shed I stood by, giving my approval - why, I was even holding in my arms the outer garments of those who killed him. But he said to me, Go, for I will send you far away to the Gentiles. They (Jewish leaders)had listened to him until he said this, but now they raised a great shout, Kill him, and rid the earth of such a man! He is not fit to live!" (Acts 22:17-21)

All was well and good until Paul told the Jews that Jesus had sent him to the Gentiles with the gospel of salvation. The Jews wanted such a guy killed for thinking the wretched “Gentile dogs” would also be saved.

Nothing much has changed over the past 2000 years. Those religions who think they have a monopoly on salvation get mad at anyone who reminds them that God has said He loves the whole world and intends to save everyone. They may not try to kill you, but they won't invite you to their Temples to teach the good news. Nevertheless, the salvation of all sinners will happen, for that is the gospel of grace. And we are to to teach it.

“It is a trustworthy statement, deserving full acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners...we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers. PRESCRIBE AND TEACH THESE THINGS..." (1 Timothy 1:15, 4:10-11)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction