From the LEAST to the greatest

“This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put my laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will they teach their neighbor, or say to one another, ‘Know the Lord,’ because they will all know me, from the least of them to the greatest. For I will forgive their wickedness and will remember their sins no more.” (Hebrews 8:10-12)

This was written to the Hebrews (Israel) concerning their salvation. In his letter to the Romans Paul affirms that all Israel will be saved but adds: “after the full number of the Gentiles have come in”

“I do not want you to be ignorant of this mystery, brothers and sisters, so that you may not be conceited: Israel has experienced a hardening in part until the full number of the Gentiles has come in, and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: ‘The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob. And this is my covenant with them when I take away their sins.” Romans 11:25-27)

And Paul assures us that “the full number of the Gentiles” means ALL of them and instructs Timothy to “teach these things”

“This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe. Command and teach these things.” (1 Timothy 4:9-11

Thanks to the wisdom of the “greatest” theologians among men and other great men of this world (rich, rulers, politicians, and philosophers, etc.) there are few who have the joy of knowing that God is going to save everyone in the end. 

It is interesting to me that Scripture says this salvation is in the following order…

“from the LEAST to the greatest”.

It is kind of like saying “believe it or not, even the rich, politicians, atheists, philosophers and theologians will be saved and enter the Kingdom of God”. And they will…right after the rest of us!.

I like what John Wesley had to say about this…

“They shall all know me” (Jeremiah 31:34); not from the greatest to the least (this is that wisdom of the world which is foolishness with God) but “from the least to the greatest”; that the praise may not be of men, but of God. Before the end, even the rich shall enter into the kingdom of God. Together with them will enter in the great, the noble, the honorable; yea, the rulers, the princes, the kings of the earth. Last of all, the wise and learned, the men of genius, the philosophers, will be convinced that they are fools; will be “converted, and become as little children” (Matthew 8:3), and “enter into the kingdom of God.” - John Wesley (1709-1791), The General Spread of the Gospel, Sermon 63, 1872 edition.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction