Correctly Handle the Word of Truth

“Here is a trustworthy saying: If we died with him, we will also live with him; if we endure, we will also reign with him. If we disown him, he will also disown us; if we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself. Keep reminding God’s people of these things… Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:11-15)

I appreciate those people who have concern about my thoughts and views, at least those who love me and may sincerely think I have fallen into error.  And of course I am referring to my view that all will eventually be saved and reconciled to God.  And that no one will be subjected to eternal conscious torment in the hell of Greek Mythology. 


Most of them have not tried to change my mind, but they do express their concerns to others from time to timed.  I UNDERSTAND and do not feel bad about them doing so. I just wish they would read the Scripture I quote and come to me and explain why it does not mean what it says.

What they do not understand I am sure is that I share my views because I know that they must one day give an account for what they believe about God. I am concerned about them as much as they are about me. My venue for sharing my thoughts is F
acebook and www.jrwlakey.blogger.com because it is the only venues I have.

It is not that I have some egotistic need to be correct or listened to, but I really, really, really do not want them be “ashamed” before God in the day of accounting for teaching or endorsing error. Especially the particularly awful heresy of eternal conscious torment in hell. That error says that our God and Father plans to, or allows, the eternal conscious torture of billions of people. And it is accepted and taught without a firm biblical foundation.

I have shown, and continue to show, through my blog and Facebook postings, that those passages of Scripture seeming to imply “everlasting punishment” or reading “tormented day and night, forever and ever”, or mention the “lake of fire”, etc. are either figures of speech, poorly translated into English or can be explained within the context of the clear teaching of the gospel given to Paul concerning the eventual salvation and reconciliation of ALL.

But most importantly, I want my children and grandchildren to hear and meditate on my views should they want, and read the Scripture backing up my views. Then they can make an informed decision whether what they hear in Church is true or not. I encourage them to compare what they hear in Church with what Paul taught in the Scripture like the "Berean Jews" did before they decide whether Christian traditions of men are valid...

“Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.”
(Acts 17:11)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction