Life is Glorious

“For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!” (2 Corinthians 4:10-11)

This life we have is “glorious” even with all its “troubles”, but this glorious life fades away and death will come to all of us. When I was younger I did not think about this much. I knew it to be true but it seemed so far away that it was easy to ignore. But as I approach 65 and retirement I have become more thankful for a knowledge of Scripture. This life is glorious, but the next “far outweighs” the glory we have in this life.

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)

“Outwardly” I am wasting away, looking older each time I look in the mirror. But at the same time “inwardly” I am refreshed day by day with the knowledge of the “eternal glory” which has been promised me by God. And so, as I grow older, I focus my eyes “NOT on what is seen, but on what is unseen”. This life is temporary, the next is “eternal” and I am content and at peace with that promise from God.

“I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.” (Philippians 4:11-13)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction