“…we boast in the hope of the glory of God. Not only so, but we also glory in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance and perseverance character; and character, hope…” (Romans 5:2-4)

When I was very young I had regular migraine headaches. I remember them to be so awful that at times I would tell Mom that I wanted to die as she would lovingly rub my temples with my head in her lap. The doctor prescribed a medication for me at the time that would gradually put me to sleep. And when I woke up the headache would be gone and I was glad I did not die.

Over time I learned to focus, not AT the pain, but THROUGH it to the time when it would be gone. Faith that it would subside in time gave me hope and allowed me to endure the pain. I think that is what Paul is talking about above when he says we can boast in our “sufferings” which produces hope of a better life to come when we are glorified in our resurrection.

“When the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, then the saying that is written will come true: Death has been swallowed up in victory.” (1 Corinthians 15:54)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction