“For if the dead are not raised…your faith is worthless…Then those also who have fallen asleep…have perished…. If we have hope in this life only, we are of all men most to be pitied.” (1 Corinthians 15:16-19)

People are born and live with various problems…ALL have problems. You’re particular problem does not dictate you are more to be pitied than someone else. Many Christians deal with their mental and physical state by seeking and hoping for some miracle from God to cure them….and some get temporary relief and attribute it to prayer …but we all will eventually check out of this present evil age!

Some can’t deal with their problems…so they check out early. Don’t feel sorry for them, and don’t condemn them. They just play the hand that was dealt to them. I have found that there is only one thing that gives HOPE…the biblical promise of life after death, where there is no more tears, pain, sorrow... or pity.

“Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the first heaven and the first earth passed away…and God Himself will be among them…and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away…these words are faithful and true." (Revelation 21:1-5)

The above says God “will be” with them. So in a sense He is not with us now. For now we can only….

“…see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known…now faith, hope, love, abide these three…” (1 Corinthians 13:12-13)

Evil abides in this present age, but also “faith, hope and love”. I can’t prove the Bible is true and I can’t prove that there is a God. I have never heard from Him or seen Him in person…unlike some folks claim. 


But I do know what the Bible teaches because I read it, and if it is God’s Word, and I have chosen to believe that it is, then the present evil is temporary and the really good stuff is eternal and yet to come...therefore I have HOPE.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction