Israel was in comfortable exile in Babylon when Jeremiah reminded them of God’s plan for them….

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you, declares the Lord, and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile." (Jeremiah 29:11-14)

About 14 years ago I found myself a captive, but comfortable member of a church, exiled there by God it seems to me, much like the children of Israel were exiled to Babylon. In the grace of God I realized that it was not an ideal place for me to grow in the grace and knowledge of God and Christ Jesus, but a temporary sanctuary from life in a world without hope.

It is difficult and costly to escape once entangled in its comfortable atmosphere…similar to a hospital, or an opium den…no offence intended. Those sanctuaries often demonstrate prejudices and judgmental attitudes that you will not find outside in the world. The fanatics of Islam want to kill all the infidels now, in the name of Allah. The fanatics of Christianity simply reason that God will assign everyone who does not choose him in this life to eternal damnation and torture in hell. They both provide sanctuary for their followers.

When one comes to know the one true God and His Son, the Savior of the World, he must grow, if at all, outside the various sanctuaries erected by men. He must seek God among the world He sent Jesus His Son to save. Seek and worship God with a sincere heart and an open mind, with the best translation of the bible one can find as the only resource.

What I found is really good news for mankind…and the one true God who is worthy of the Name!

"And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:38-39)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction