“Now these things happened to them (Israel) as an example, and they were written for our (all of mankind) instruction, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.” (1 Corinthians 10:11)

God’s dealings with Israel are an illustration of what He intends to do for ALL. The Old and New Covenants were made and written for and to ISRAEL as an example and to instruct ALL mankind what God is going to do for us at the close of the ages.

“But now He (Christ Jesus) has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.” (Hebrews 8:6)

The basic promises of the old covenant Law of Moses can be summarized as "do this, and you will live." The promises under the law were contingent upon the performance of Israelites. If they were able to keep the Law, the promises of long life and blessing during this age were fulfilled. Ultimately, the children of Israel demonstrated the inability of man to live up to the standards of the Law of Moses and of course all of them died and continue to die.

"Notwithstanding, the children rebelled against me; they did not walk in my statutes, and were not careful to observe my judgments, which, if a man does, he shall live by them" (Ezekiel 20:21).

The promises under the New Covenant made to Israel are immeasurably better than those under law, because they DO NOT depend upon man's performance.

"I will make a new covenant… I will put my law in their minds…I will be their God…I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more". (Jeremiah 31:31-34)

What God has promised to do for Israel under the New Covenant he will do for ALL mankind because He has no favorites and what God does for them is an “example” for us all. It “instructs” us on what God is going to do for mankind at the end of the ages. He will forgive mankind’s iniquity and He will remember our sin no more. Paul was given this good news to tell to us Gentiles.

“For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior; who will have ALL men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth. For there is one God, and one MEDIATOR between God and men, the man Christ Jesus; who gave himself a ransom for ALL, to be testified in due time. Whereunto I am ordained a preacher, and an apostle, I speak the truth in Christ, and lie not ; a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and verity.” (1 Timothy 2:3-7)

It continues to astound me as to how few in institutional Christianity understand the gospel when it is so clearly explained by our apostle Paul! Satan is indeed a clever deceiver of even the most intelligent religious leaders of mankind.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction