"Sue Ann, if you were a Christian you would pour me another glass of tea," I said as I shook my empty glass of ice as usual. Without batting an eye she said, “I'm not a Christian.  Are your legs broken?"  And after I stopped laughing, she poured me another glass of tea.  As usual.

I just love my wife.  She puts me in my place, states her mind, and then proceeds to actually live her life in a way that mirrors Christ. She would not agree with that last part.  She thinks of herself as “unspiritual” because she does not get all glazy-eyed over the latest inspirational book or the next women's retreat. Her favorite verse is...


“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not to your own understanding, in all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct your path.” (Proverbs 3:5-6)

And for some unknown reason, she loves me.  Go figure.  And not only that, she agrees with my views on the Scripture and encourages me to post them.

"Robert," says the theologian, "if you were a Christian you would do more witnessing to the lost," as the theologian shakes the empty creed of manmade doctrine in my face. "Well then," I say, "I am not a Christian".  And after complete silence, I prepare another post.

But I do love God and His Word, and I no longer fear Him.  I used to.  But love has cast out that fear. I am sincerely and eternally grateful for the Lord Jesus Christ, and those like Sue Ann, who trust God.  Not so much the theologians.

“In the beginning was the word, and the word was toward God, and God was the word...And the word became flesh and tabernacles among us, and we gaze at his glory, a glory as of an only-begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth...” (John 1:1, 14 Concordant Version)

There is only one God, and He is the Word.  He always has been. Out of God came the Son of His love...the first born of all creation. The Son became flesh in order to express God to the world.  No man has ever seen God. Jesus was the Word in that sense - God's image to mankind. He was the first fruit of what we are all to become when the ages have run their course and all mankind is saved and reconciled to God.  Forever a new creation made in the image of God.

“So that we, from now on, are acquainted with no one according to flesh. Yet even if we have known Christ according to flesh, nevertheless now we know Him so no longer. So that, if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation: the primitive passed by. Lo! There has come new! Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ.” (2 Corinthians 5:15-18)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction