Listen!

“For as in Adam all die, so in Christ ALL will be made alive…" (1 Corinthians 15:22)

Yesterday I read a humorous Facebook post about the difference between men and women. It reminded me of the following low point in my otherwise wonderful 40 years of marriage.


Sue Ann and I were driving back home from Oklahoma City, which is about a two hour drive.   Weatherford is about half way, so when we got to Weatherford I heard Sue Ann say, “Earth to Robert…Earth to Robert…come in Robert.”  I looked over at her and said, “What?”  She said, “Robert, you haven’t heard a word I’ve been saying, have you?  I’ve been telling you about this for an hour."  All I could say in response was, “Sorry sweetheart but I’m paying attention now."  Needless to say, I still do not know what she said but I did notice the utter silence for the next several days.

“Listen, I tell you a mystery: …we will ALL be changed—in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable…Death (the wages for sin) has been swallowed up in victory.” (1 Corinthians 15:22-54)

It is amazing what we can learn from God if we will just listen and pay attention.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction