Yesterday I mentioned 1 Timothy 4:10 and that it is a good example of how different translations into English can “secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them”. (2 Peter 2:1). Here are two different translations...

“…we work hard and do our best because our hope is in the living God, the One Who would save all men. He saves those who believe in Him.” (1 Timothy 4:10 New Life Bible)

“…we have fixed our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men, especially of believers.” (1 Timothy 4:10 NASB and most other translations - over 15 that I looked at)

So which is correct? Is God the “savior of all men, especially believers” like almost all translation have it, or is it that he “would” save all men but will only save “those who believe” as set forth in the NLB?

Again, I went to the resources I mentioned yesterday to find out. I found that the majority of English translations are correct and that "God is the Savior of all men, especially believers” is the best translation. So the creators of the NLB are false teachers…at least in these verses.

And I am concerned because I know that most Christians believe like the bad translation reads...!

One does not "deny the Master" just by denying that Jesus is the Master, but also by denying what he has done...saved sinners as Paul tells us...

"...Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners..." (1 Timothy 1:15)

He does not say "offer" to save, but to "save". To deny this is to deny the Master in my opinion so I have chosen to believe God.

This is another example of what I consider to be a “destructive heresy” that is “secretly introduced” by mistranslating the Original language of the bible into English by adding words that are not in the text.

God loves and Jesus died for all people, even false teachers…and although those who “secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them” will be saved, in my opinion, they may miss out on the reign of Christ during the next two ages.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction