"...ungodly persons who turn the GRACE of our God into licentiousness and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ." (Jude 1:4)

I have been told by sincere Christians that they fear that if sinners are told they have been saved by the GRACE of God without any "free will" choice, then they will be prone to "licentiousness" because they would have no restraint.

They simply do not know, or have forgotten their experience with the true GRACE of God, in my opinion. My experience is that the ones who come to know true GRACE endeavor to please God in all that they do, and do not deny their Lord Jesus who brought "salvation to all men" (Titus 2:11).

“For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men…” (Titus 2:11)

If Salvation was brought to mankind as a “choice”, it seems to me that it is by that choice (a work) that a person would be saved. But we are told in Scripture that Salvation is by the grace of God and excludes the works of men.

“For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works…” (Ephesians 2:8-9)

It does not seem right to me to mix the two and still call it grace. I agree with Paul…

"But if it is by grace, it is no longer on the basis of works, otherwise grace is no longer grace" (Romans 11:6)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction