“But false prophets also arose among the people, just as there will also be FALSE TEACHERS among you, who will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the Master who bought them….” (2 Peter 2:1)

The last couple of days I have given some examples of what I consider to be false teaching introduced by false teachers through bad translations of the Bible, but today I want to look at how Peter told us to identify false teachers and apply it to myself. So let’s see what he says about these false teachers…

First, Peter says that “false teachers” are those who “secretly introduce destructive heresies”:

Applying this to myself I can honestly conclude that I do not fit in this category. I post my views on Facebook or my Blog for everyone to see….quoting the Scripture from which I have arrived at my views. No secrets.

Second, Peter says that “false teachers” are those who are “denying the Master”:

Well if you read my posts I not only do not deny that Jesus is the Master but base all of my views on my belief that he is the Word of God, the only begotten Son of God, and the express image of God. I believe the Bible when it says that JESUS alone is the way, the truth and the life and NO ONE gets to the Father except through him. I believe that his death on the cross, burial in a tomb, and resurrection to life is the basis for the salvation and reconciliation of all. And I also believe the Bible when it says that Jesus is Lord of ALL, not just a few Christians. It clearly says…

“For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile--the same Lord is Lord of all…” (Romans 10:36)

The Bible says he is really, really Lord of ALL, whether organized Christianity believes it or realizes it or not. All will eventually confess it because the Bible says so, regardless of what men say…

“…every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father… and no one can say, Jesus is Lord, except by the Holy Spirit.” (Philippians 2:11; 1 Corinthians 12:3)

God willing, tomorrow I will address the most egregious “destructive heresy” which was “secretly introduced” into the Church over 1500 years ago by the very false teachers Peter warned us about, and which even today causes most Christians to deny their Master the glorious VICTORY of what the Bible clearly says he will do….save and reconcile mankind to God…I know because I used to be one of those Christians who denied it.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction