“Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive….those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.” C.S. Lewis (1898-1963)

I rarely quote men, however this quote seems appropriate this morning for some reason. I am thinking about advice we receive from politicians, news editorials, philosophers, or just random advice from anyone we consider wise. They all have certain “talking points” and seem to be sincerely concerned for our welfare and often appear to know how to fix what is wrong with the world.

For me, however, I listen closer to the words of a book I have determined to trust in all situations. Here is what I heard this morning.

“Jesus wept…” (John 11:35)

The Son of God through whom all creation was made wept over the death of his friend Lazarus because he LOVED him….and then raised him from the dead!

So what you may ask? How does that relate to us? Will anyone weep for us who has the power to raise us from the dead?

“For God so LOVED the world that he gave His only begotten son…God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.… I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also…see the Son coming in a cloud with power and great glory, straighten up and lift up your heads, because your redemption is drawing near…death has been swallowed up in Victory! ” (John 3:16…Romans 5:8…John 14:3-4… Luke 21:17-18…1 Corinthians 15:54)

Makes me weep….for JOY!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction