Successful Men

During my 67 years I have encountered two general types of individuals who are considered successful.  One I refer to as King Nebuchadnezzar types and the other I refer to as King David types.

The King Nebuchadnezzar types are proud men who exalt what they perceive to be the magnificent works of men, and the potential of mankind apart from Divine intervention.

“All this came upon King Nebuchadnezzar… The king spoke, saying, "Is not this great Babylon, that I have built for a royal dwelling by my mighty power and for the honor of my majesty?" (Daniel 4:28-31)

The King David types are those who simply and humbly exalt the LORD and give Him the glory for it all.

"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power and the glory, the victory and the majesty; for all that is in heaven and in earth is Yours; Yours is the kingdom, O LORD, and You are exalted as head over all. Both riches and honor come from You, and You reign over all. In Your hand is power and might; in Your hand it is to make great and to give strength to all. Now therefore, our God, we thank You and praise Your glorious name" (1 Chronicles 29:11-13).

Both types are the objects and beneficiaries of the eventual salvation of all mankind. The David types recognize their savior in this life and the others, like Nebuchadnezzar, will be humbled and give glory to God eventually - if not in this life, then in the next….

“King Nebuchadnezzar, to the nations and peoples of every language, who live in all the earth: May you prosper greatly! It is my pleasure to tell you about the miraculous signs and wonders that the Most High God has performed for me. How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an eternal kingdom; His dominion endures from generation to generation...
the Most High is ruler over the realm of mankind, and bestows it on whom He wishes and sets over it the lowliest of men."  (Daniel 4:1-3, 17)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction