"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, is working for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory." (2 Corinthians 4:17)

Now consider what Paul considered "light"...

“…five times I received from the Jews thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was stoned, three times I was shipwrecked, a night and a day I have spent in the deep…many sleepless nights, in hunger and thirst, often without food, in cold and exposure.” (2 Corinthians 4:24-27)

They were light when compared to the weight of the glory that awaits us at the close of this life and our resurrection to immortality.

"For behold, I create new heavens and a new earth; and the former things will not be remembered or come to mind.” (Isaiah 65:17)


”However, as it is written: What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived -- the things God has prepared for those who love him”. (1 Corinthians 2:9)

And all will eventually love Him…their sins are forgiven and forgotten…and God will be All in All. At least that is how I interpret the plan God has revealed it in His Word.


"God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.” (2 Corinthians 5:19)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction