Grow in Grace

"...grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ" (2 Peter 3:18)


When I look around I do not see many growing toward those with which we disagree - whether in the political or religious arena. And I rarely encounter any growth in the "knowledge" of our Lord.  


When is the last time you learned something new about God's plan and purpose as revealed in the Scripture?


I attended a denominational church for more than 60 years and cannot remember anything new in its teaching during that time - just the same old traditions passed down in its statement of faith. Much of which I consider to be what Jesus said about traditions of men...


“You neatly set aside the command of God to maintain your own tradition...you nullify the word of God by the tradition you have handed down. And you do so in many such matters.” Mark 7:9-13)


At the end of each year I ask myself whether I have grown in grace and in knowledge of our Lord.  Those areas in which I have grown always show God to be more loving, merciful and gracious than I originally thought and I try not to forget that...


"My son, do not forget my teaching, but keep my commands in your heart, for they will prolong your life many years and bring you peace and prosperity. Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart. Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to Him, and He will make your paths straight." (Proverbs 3:1-6)


My New Year's resolution is to grow in grace and the knowledge of our Lord and Savior, and not forget what I learn.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction