He Is Risen...We Will Rise Also!

“He is not here: for he is risen, as he said” (Matthew 28:16)

Jesus died about 3:00 in the afternoon (Matthew 27:46-50)

He was raised AFTER 3 days from the time he was KILLED. (Mark 8:31)

He was to rise from the dead IN three days from his BURIAL. (John 2:19)

The bible says in several places that visits were made to the tomb on various occasions on the FIRST day of the week (Sunday morning) and the tomb was ALREADY empty. (Matthew 28:16)

Jesus said he would spend three days and three nights in the earth…72 hours. (Matthew 12:38-40)

Therefore, contrary to popular opinion, Jesus died on a Wednesday at 3:00 p.m., was buried three hours later just before sundown - about 6:00 p.m.. He was raised exactly three nights and three days later just before sundown on Saturday. Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were three nights. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were three days.

This is not rocket science, just reading and believing the Bible rather than the traditions of men. There was not a “good Friday” but there sure was a good Saturday!

The good news for us is that HE IS RISEN, and the date really isn’t that important. But the really, really  good news is that he has promised to return and raise us also!

“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” (John 14:1-3)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction