Trust Jesus - Not Your Faith

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father in heaven..this is the will of My Father, that everyone who is beholding the Son and believing IN HIM may have life eonian, and I shall be raising him in the last day." (Matthew 7:21; John 6:40)

"MANY will say to me in that day Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in your name, and done many wonders in Your name? And then I will declare to them, I never knew you; depart from me..."  (Matthew 7:22-23)

The "many" who are told "depart from me" will have "prophesied""cast out demons", and "done wonders" in the Lord's name.  Obviously he is not talking about atheists or agnostics, or Muslims so who are among the "MANY" Jesus will not know if we happen to be living "in the last day" today? 


1. All Jews who deny that Jesus is their Messiah.That is most Jews today.

2. "MANY" Christians calling Jesus Lord and doing "many wonders" in his name.

When the Lord returns, "many" Christians will apparently miss reigning with Christ even though they claim to be believers in the "name" of Jesus. I am not talking about going to hell, but missing out on "reigning" with Christ during the Kingdom Age.

"Now when he was in Jerusalem at the Passover, during the feast, many believed in his name, observing his signs which he was doing. But Jesus, on his part, WAS NOT ENTRUSTING HIMSELF TO THEM, for he knew all men..." (John 2:23-25)


From my study over the past 40 years, I have become a little concerned about the result of some of the traditional teachings of the Church. They lead "many" to believe "in his name", but in reality they are not trusting Jesus to save them, but are trusting in the Church or THEIR FAITH in Jesus to save them - big difference. The Church is not our Savior, and our faith is not our savior - Jesus is "the Savior of the world". It is not that Jesus is not going to save you because you are trusting in your faith, he will save you because he is the Savior, but if you think your faith saved you then God does not get all the glory...you have unintentionally reserved some for yourself.

"And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent his Son to be the Savior of the world" (1 John 4:14)

I post my thoughts on Facebook just in case anyone cares to examine the teachings of men before the Lord shows up. I think trusting Jesus alone will get you into the group reigning with Jesus in the Kingdom Age, trusting in the Church or your faith in Jesus may leave you among the MANY who will be reigned over along with unbelievers...although being reigned over by Jesus in not a terrible place to be, but it is not the best place to be during the Kingdom Age either.

Finally, I could be wrong.....MANY of you think so.  :)  😇

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction