Love Keeps No Record Of Wrongs

“Then David said to Nathan, I have sinned against the LORD. Nathan replied, The LORD has taken away your sin. You are not going to die.” (2 Samuel 12:13)

My wife is the love of my life. In my eyes she is the perfect wife and without her I would only be half a man…she completes me and has done so for 40 years. I love her without reservation. She is also a great cook. But even the very best cooks learn by experience…and husbands learn to keep their mouth shut…by experience.

Early in our marriage she prepared meat loaf for supper. At the time we had a pet Saint Bernard who lived with us in our apartment in Norman. “How is it she asked” so I placed my plate on the floor in front of Puppy Casey. He sniffed it and licked it and then went over and sat in the corner. I laughed and said to Casey “I know what you mean”. Sue Ann didn’t think it was funny. She did not kill me but she did start me on an involuntary diet for about a week.

Life is where husbands learn they should keep their mouths shut…or pray and hope for forgiveness. Sue Ann loves me and so she forgave me, just like God has done for all us sinners. We suffer for some of our sin in this age, account for all of it later, but forgiveness is always the outcome of true love…and I sure am glad!

“…as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us…Love is patient, love is kind…it keeps no record of wrongs…Love never fails…the wages of sin is death but the free gift of God is eternal life…” (Psalm 103:12; 1 Corinthians 13:4-8; Romans 6:23b).

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction