Power To The People!

“He gives power to the weak, and to those who have no might He increases strength...those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.” (Isaiah 40:29-31)

Use common sense when you read verses like the above. Look around and observe your personal experience with life. It is our experience to grow old, get weaker, suffer from that condition, and then die. None of what Isaiah says becomes permanent in this life. Some suffer more than others, and often it is the very best and most faithful to God that suffer the most like Paul…

“…in prison more frequently, been flogged more severely, and been exposed to death again and again. Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, and I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked.” (2 Corinthians 11:23-27)

He suffered all this for sharing the good news that Jesus is the Savior of All, and will reconcile all creation to God, and that God will become All in All (1Timothy 4:10; Colossians 1:20; and 1 Corinthians 15:28). And when Paul prayed to God for deliverance from his suffering God told him…

"My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness"
(2 Corinthians 12:9)


So WHEN will the weak get power and gain strength? When will the young who become old and weak have their failing strength renewed? And when will Paul’s weakness become perfect strength?

NOT IN THIS LIFE, common sense tells us that aging, weakness, and death is the plan of God for us all in this Age, and the Hope of all is the "resurrection of the dead"

“But if there is no resurrection of the dead, not even Christ has been raised; and if Christ has not been raised, then our preaching is vain, your faith also is vain. Moreover we are even found to be false witnesses of God, because we testified against God that He raised Christ, whom He did not raise, if in fact the dead are not raised.” (1 Corinthians 15:13-15)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction