Have A Little Faith!

“Ye shall therefore keep my statutes, and my judgments: which if a man do, he shall live in them.” (Leviticus 18:5)

This pretty well sums up God's first covenant with Israel. It depended on their faithfulness to obey the law. That did not work out very well for Israel. But God knew it wouldn’t and so through Jesus their Messiah, God replaced the old promises with better ones.

"He has obtained a more excellent ministry, by as much as He is also the mediator of a better covenant, which has been enacted on better promises.” (Hebrews 8:6)

This new covenant depends solely on the faithfulness of Jesus their Messiah. It will be firmly established by the "God of all Grace" in a future age. After Israel suffers for awhile in this age, they will be perfected in the next!

“Behold, days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah, not like the covenant which I made with their fathers in the day I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, My covenant which they broke, although I was a husband to them, declares the LORD. But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD, I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people. They will not teach again, each man his neighbor and each man his brother, saying, Know the LORD, for they will all know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them, declares the LORD, for I will forgive their iniquity, and their sin I will remember no more.”  
(Jeremiah 31:31-34)

That will happen for them in the next age, but for now, Israel must suffer for rejecting their Messiah...

"...after you have suffered for a little while, the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, will Himself perfect, confirm, strengthen and establish you...” (1 Peter 5:10)

What does the "Law" of that covenant with Israel have to do with us, the Gentile body of Christ (the "uncircumcision")? 


"...the Law has become our tutor to lead us to Christ, so that we may be justified by faith. But now that faith has come, we are no longer under a tutor. For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus" (Galatians 3:24-25

We learn that no one is saved by the works of the "Law", so we have "faith" in the power of "the blood of Christ" and the "God of all grace".

 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, so that no one may boast...remember that formerly you, the Gentiles in the flesh, who are called “Uncircumcision” by the so-called “Circumcision,” ...were at that time separate from Christ, excluded from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers to the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who formerly were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ." (Galatians 3:24-25; Ephesians 2:8, 11-13)


So, have a little faith!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction