“I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you." (Isaiah 44:22)

If God truly is “no respecter of persons” then it seems to me that the above includes not only Israel but all mankind. But I only know of a few who would entertain this thought. I am reminded of what the philosopher Aristotle once said…

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

I am not a great fan of Aristotle, or any secular philosopher, but sometimes they say stuff that I like, meditate on, and can appreciate. My experience is that religious folks will not entertain new thoughts for fear that we might accept them…so they refuse to entertain any thought opposed to those that were put into their minds from childhood.

But if we Christians trust God then we should not fear entertaining views which are opposed to our own…heck we might just get educated and learn that Jesus will actually do FOR ALL that which we are certain he has promised to do for us!

“Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to myself, that where I am, there you may be also.” (John 14:1-3)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction