“For from Him and through Him and to Him are all things. To Him be the glory forever. Amen.” (Romans 11:36)

Years ago I watched I news documentary which showed adults and children in Africa who pretty much lived from day to day without hope…fleeing from evil men…starving with no place to go…sick and dying along the way to nowhere.

And a few hours later a television evangelist came on the TV and said that “all people who do not repent and accept Jesus as personal Savior will die and be eternally separated from God and suffer in the eternal flames of hell”. My thoughts immediately went to those starving people in the documentary.

I broke…my whole being and all that I am revolted from such a thing…and I just could not help but be angry. At first I thought I was angry at God, assuming the evangelist was correct and that these starving people would not only suffer in this life but for ever and ever thereafter…in my mind I was shouting at God -- how could you do such a thing!?

And then I realized…I was not mad at God at all. I did not believe that about God and never had, I had just accepted the dogma that my church taught. I was mad at that evangelist and all like him, and those that invite them to speak…I still am.

“For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39)

If hell is in the doctrine where you meet…get the heck OUT and INTO the Bible. God wins…people are changed…evil will be past…good does triumph...the blessings in the next life will drown out all the suffering in this life.

Sooo practice being good to your families and share the good news of the birth of Jesus, the Son of God who grew up and saved the world!

“But the angel said to them, Do not be afraid; for behold, I bring you good news of great joy which will be for all the people; for today in the city of David there has been born for you a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.” (Luke 2:10-11)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction