Called Out - Independence Day

"You are the Christ, the Son of the living God...on this rock I will build My church, and the gates of Hades shall not prevail against it." (Matthew 16:16-18)

"Hades" (hell in the KJV) is the state of people after death. It means “unseen” or “grave”. The word "church" is the Greek word “ecclesia” and means “called out ones”. Christ Jesus is the first to die and be called out of death never to die again, the “rock” or foundation stone of our faith. And he has promised to return and resurrect mankind (call people out of death).  So what the above verse says to me is that DEATH will not prevail for we will be CALLED OUT of death at the resurrection.

“If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also....For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout...and the dead in Christ will rise...Therefore comfort one another with these words” (John 14:3; 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18)


Our Independence Day!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction