It's None Of Our Business

“They asked Him, 'Why do you speak in parables'? Jesus answered them 'Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given. . . .Therefore speak I to them in parables'...” (Matthew 13:10-15)

Many teach that a parable is a simple story with a heavenly meaning inferring that it helps common people understand the truth. Obviously that is not true. Even Jesus's disciples didn't understand what he meant at first.

I do not understand them all after over 40 years of study. Jesus clearly taught that the parables were given to hide the "mysteries of the kingdom of heaven" from those who did not need to understand. That is not to say they will never know, just not necessarily in this age.

Do not beat yourself up when you do not understand everything you read in the Bible. The vast majority of people who have lived in this world have never even seen a Bible, and will not hear about their salvation until AFTER their resurrection. At that time all will know.  


"For all will know Me, from the least to the greatest of them.  For I will be merciful to their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more...now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known." (Hebrews 8:11-12; 1 Corinthians 13:12)

When will we understand the parables?  My take is that when and if it becomes our business, God will let us know. So, if we do not know the meaning now, it is none of our business.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction