Paul's Secret

"Lo, a secret to you am I telling!...we all shall be changed, in an instant, in the twinkle of an eye, at the last trump. For He will be trumpeting, and the dead will be roused incorruptible..." (1 Corinthians 15:51-54)

 A secret is just additional information about something previously unknown. Paul was told to teach this secret to the nations and he suffered for doing so and eventually those in Asia were turned from this good news by the religious doctrines of the Jews. But Paul was not ashamed of the good news because he was persuaded it was true. So am I, regardless of the religious doctrines of those who have left Paul's "secret" behind.

You are aware that all in the province of Asia were turned from me…Not ashamed am I of the good news, for it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes..." (2 Timothy 1:15; Romans 1:16)

God has promised to give people eternal life after death. This good news is the result of the "GRACE" of God and was decided "BEFORE the ages" were created. Jesus died and was resurrected to to reveal this good news to humanity.

“Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus…in accord with the promise of life which is in Christ Jesus…who saves us…in accord with His own purpose and grace which is given to us before the ages…being manifested through the advent of our Savior…who indeed abolishes death and illuminates life and immortality through the gospel of which I was appointed a herald and an apostle and a teacher of the nations. For which cause I am suffering…but I am not ashamed; for I am aware whom I have believed, and am persuaded that He is able to guard what is committed to me for that day…" (2 Timothy 1:1-15 CLNT)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction