Modern Day Scribes and Pharisees

"For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised was also at work in me as an apostle to the uncircumcised. James, Peter and John...agreed that we should go to the uncircumcised (Gentiles), and they to the circumcised (Israel)." (Galatians 2:8-9)

Most Christians say that they are followers of Christ. None of us however have actually met Jesus. James, Peter, John and Paul were actual followers of Jesus and wrote the books of the Bible that are attributed to them. Christians actually follow and trust what those men say about God and Jesus in those New Testament books.

I am a Gentile and therefore I am particularly interested in what Paul says in his letters - Romans through Philemon. Paul tells me about God and Jesus and what they have done for me and all others. God's message to Israel (Old Testament as well as the books of the New Testament not written by Paul) do not have direct application to me. They were written to Israel and I can't claim any of those promises nor do I have to do any of the things in the Law they had to do.

I do not put much confidence in most of the people who write Bible commentaries (modern day scribes and Pharisees). They travel land and see to make one covert, but...

"Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of gehenna as you are." (Matthew 23:15)

They often mix up the message to Israel with the message to the rest of us given through our Apostle Paul. You cannot even talk to them about the difference without their eyes glazing over. Over the past 1700 years they have perfected certain "godless myths and old wives' tales".  

So, my advise is to read the Scripture for yourself.

"Have nothing to do with godless myths and old wives’ tales....This is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance. That is why we labor and strive, because we have put our hope in the living God, who is the Savior of all people, and especially of those who believe." (1 Timothy 4:7-10)


Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction