Breathtaking Stupidity

 “Let no one deceive himself. If any of you thinks he is wise in this age, he should become stupid, so that he may become wise. For the wisdom of this world is stupidity in God’s sight. As it is written: “He catches the wise in their craftiness.”  And again, “The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile.” Therefore, stop boasting in men. All things are yours, whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future. All of them belong to you, and you belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God.” (1 Corinthians 3:18-23)

It has taken me years to become stupid after thinking I was wise in this age. The wisdom of the world is what I was taught in school. Yet God says that the wisdom of the greatest minds of men is futile - ineffective. So, I rarely “boast in men” by quoting them. However, I do try to find the wisdom of God in the Bible which is my only hope of escaping my own stupidity. So far, I have figured out that I belong to Christ, and Christ belongs to God – and I am content with that while searching out the “mysterious and hidden wisdom of God” recorded in the Bible. The writers therein claim taht...

“…we speak a message of wisdom—but not the wisdom of this age or of the rulers of this age, who are coming to nothing.  No, we speak of the mysterious and hidden wisdom of God, which He destined for our glory before time began.  None of the rulers of this age understood it. For if they had, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory.  Rather, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no heart has imagined, what God has prepared for those who love Him.” But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.” (1 Corinthians 2:6-10)

My own stupidity is breathtaking, but I am learning to trust in the “mysterious and hidden wisdom of God” that His Spirit may reveal to me from time to time.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction