The Will Of God

“And His name, through faith in His name, has made this man strong, whom you see and know. Yes, the faith which comes through Him has given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all.” (Acts 3:16)

Here we see clearly that it is the faith OF JESUS, not our own faith, which makes us strong, or makes those we see strong. Faith that comes from our own heart or desires cannot and will not strengthen us. Most likely it will depress us for often our will does not coincide with His, therefore it does not come to pass...

“Jesus explained, my food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to finish His work…The One who sent me is with me. He has not left me alone, because I always do what pleases Him." (John 4:34; 8:29)

So what is the will of God that Jesus finished? 


The salvation of the world!

Don't fall into the trap of thinking our free will is stronger than God's will. It is not, nor can so called free will prevent Jesus from finishing that which he came to do - save the world. 

Jesus always does the will of our Father God. We do not, for we do not know the details of his will for day to day life. However, we know from the bible that "all things are working together for good" (Romans 8:28), and that "Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners", and that God "is the Savior of all mankind"  (1 Timothy 1:15; 4:9-10) – that is the "good" that all things are working toward.

God sent his one and only Son to save it, and as Jesus said after being lifted up on the cross - “it is finished” – having faith that after his death for our sins and burial in the earth, God would lift him “up from the earth” and "draw all men" to himself, not some, but the whole world drawn to him and saved.  It will be completed when he returns to lift us all up out of death into immortal abundant life, both those who keep his word in this age, and those who do not…

“…I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me. This is the will of Him who sent me, that of all that He has given me I lose nothing, but raise them up on the last day. For this is the will of My Father…I myself will raise them up on the last day. And when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself…as for anyone who hears my words and does not keep them, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world... So the soldiers took charge of Jesus. Carrying his own cross, he went out to the place of the Skull (which in Aramaic is called Golgotha). There they crucified him…Jesus said, It is finished. With that, he bowed his head and gave up his spirit...” (John 6:37-40, 12:32, 47; 19:16-17)

So just believe God and trust Jesus to always do the will of our Father, to save the world out of death, which is pleasing to God. Be comforted that a loved one whom you prayed for to get saved but died never having faith...well Jesus's faith trumps his...and he will rise to meet Jesus when he comes, and then, hand in hand with you, will bow with you and will confess Jesus as Lord, all to the glory of God's grace and mercy.

"And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to death—even death on a cross. Therefore God exalted Him to the highest place, and gave Him the name above all names, that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father." (Philippians 2:8-11)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction