Citizenship

When all the theologians and politicians have finished arguing about what man must do to be saved; When the Calvinists and Armenians have finished bludgeoning each other with lengthy and boring arguments about predestination and free will; When Christians and Muslims have finished threatening and killing one another with words and weapons; When all religious and governmental organizations have failed to save and deliver a better world - what do we have left to give us strength and hope?

What it comes down to is pretty simple for me. I either find peace in my faith in what God has promised in the bible, or I do not. And what God has promised is easy enough for a child to understand. God has promised to…

Save me, my family and friends, and the whole world,

“We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world.” (1 John 4:14)

And He has promised to send Jesus back to earth to raise us all from the dead...

“Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written - death is swallowed up in victory.” (1 Corinthians 15:51-54)

For now my citizenship resides in the United States, and I am proud of that, and in this election year I will vote for the person who I think can make America the best she can be for my family and friends – Donald Trump - while I wait for that promised “mystery” to become a reality. Then my citizenship will be in that country in which the whole world is destined…

“For our citizenship is in heaven, from which also we eagerly wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ; who will transform the body of our humble state into conformity with the body of His glory, by the exertion of the power that He has even to subject all things to Himself.”
(Philippians 3:20-21)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction