Is that all Paul?

"We urge you, brethren, admonish the unruly, encourage the fainthearted, help the weak, be patient with everyone. See that no one repays another with evil for evil, but always seek after that which is good for one another and for all people." (1 Thessalonians 5:14-15)

Is that all Paul? Well no...

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." (16-18)

Good grief, are you done? Not quite...

"Do not quench the Spirit; do not despise prophetic utterances. But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good; abstain from every form of evil." (19-22)

Alrighty then, guess I'll just mosey out to the golf course where I'll attempt to make a hole in one on every hole....be much easier. No wonder I have never met anyone from Thessanolica. That letter ran them off. Surely there is more to this than meets the eye...

Yep, there is another way, you can chill out and let...

"...the God of peace Himself sanctify you entirely; and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass."

I'm all in for that Paul, that is good news, but why would God do that for me?

Glad you asked...I call it GRACE! 

Oh, one last thing...

"...pray for us. Greet all the brethren with a holy kiss." (23-24)

I'll pray Paul, but I'll have to pass on the holy kiss...see you in the clouds some glad morning when this life is over, and we'll fly away...

"...caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord...The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you." (4:17;5:25)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction