Does God Like People Better Than Baby Llamas?

“Those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” (Isaiah 40:31)

Does God like people more than other animals?

I wonder. Sue Ann loves animals, and she and I have been trying to save a newborn Llama. Its mother abandoned it at birth for some reason. She just now called to tell me it did not make it, but in the few days we nurtured it, she and my grandson gave it some of their love and compassion. Yesterday I told Sue Ann it was not going to make it and did not notice that my grandson was in the room. When I saw that he had heard me I spontaneously told him “just believe that in the resurrection she will be perfectly healthy and she will remember you with a smile for caring for her”. 


I am not sure why I said that to him. We normally only think of people as the object of God’s love and salvation thanks to religious tradition.

But what I said made my grandson smile and feel better….me too!

“…I will wait for the LORD…I will put my trust in Him…” (Isaiah 8:17)

Animals are part of God’s creation who are to be “set free from its slavery to corruption”

“For the anxious longing of the creation waits eagerly for the revealing of the sons of God. For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope that the creation itself also will be set free from its slavery to corruption into the freedom of the glory of the children of God…” (Romans 8:19-21)

I am sure animals are included when Paul wrote of God’s plan of reconciling “all things to Himself”

“For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth..all things have been created through Him and for Him…He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, so that He Himself will come to have first place in everything. For it was the Father’s good pleasure for all the fullness to dwell in Him, and through Him to reconcile all things to Himself, having made peace through the blood of His cross; through Him, I say, whether things on earth or things in heaven.”
(Colossians 1:10-20)

And together, maybe all of His creation will say in that day…

"Behold, this is our God; we have waited for Him, and He has saved us. This is the LORD; we have waited for Him; we are be glad and rejoice in His salvation." (Isaiah 25:9)

You can disagree if you like, but animals, in my view, are more deserving of salvation than many people I have known.

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction