Unashamed

2 Timothy 1:8-15:

“…do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord or of me His prisoner, but join with me in suffering for the gospel according to the power of God, who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was granted us in Christ Jesus from all eternity…”  
(verses 8-9)

Paul suffered for preaching that the purpose and the power of God is to save sinners by His grace freely given before they were created, 
not by works done or choices made.  

“…but now has been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Christ Jesus, who abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle and a teacher.”  
(verses 10-11) 

Jesus revealed this purpose of God when he appeared and suffered death on the cross. His death, burial and resurrection brought to light the once hidden good news that “life and immortality”  will follow death.

“…I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.” 
 (verses 12)

Paul, and all who proclaim the truth, suffer for doing so, however, we do so unashamed, being convinced that salvation from death will come to pass for all in accord with the grace of God. 


"Retain the standard of sound words which you have heard from me, in the faith and love which are in Christ Jesus. Guard, through the Holy Spirit who dwells in us, the treasure which has been entrusted to you. You are aware of the fact that all who are in Asia turned away from me."  (verses 13-15)

We guard this treasure and entrust it to others, even though many will turn away from the truth. One can enjoy 
and be comforted by this glorious hope only by believing we are standing in the grace of God.

“...be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus…we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand.” (2 Timothy 2:1; Romans 5:2)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction