Our Heart Condition

“A rejoicing heart makes the countenance cheerful” (Proverbs 15:13).

When I used to sing in a church choir we would sit in the choir loft during the worship service. It always amazed me as I looked out over the congregation how little joy was in the facial expressions of those attending the services.

Too often religious doctrine does not bring joy, just bondage and fear. Many people go to church hoping they can avoid the the wrath of God for not doing so.  They would prefer to be hunting, fishing, golfing  or just resting.


Only the freedom of knowing and actually believing that God has taken away the sins of the world makes a heart rejoice.  If our facial expression, especially during a worship service, is not “cheerful”…why not? Maybe because the message in most churches has become something other than good news...

“The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!” (John 1:29)


Now that is good news...and I'm smiling!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction