The god of theology

“The god of theology is a well-meaning, good-intentioned weakling, whose intentions, however amiable, cannot in every case be carried into effect, and whose universe is a rickety affair subject to accidents of every kind.” — Alan Burns

Most Christian leaders speak of God as an Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent Sovereign God, and He is. However, certain of their false doctrines reveal their true opinion of Him to be those set forth by Alan Burns above. To them each man determines his own fate regardless of what God desires to do…which is to SAVE them.

The following are well established doctrines of Christianity and are false. They have each contributed to the separation of mankind into two categories…those who agree with us and go to heaven, and those who disagree with us and go to hell.

I feel certain that the following false doctrines offend God.

Self Determination (Free Will)
Eternal Conscious Torment
Immortality of the Soul
The Trinity
Vicarious Atonement

My brother Bill posted that he wished I would write a book exposing the false doctrines I have found in my study of the Bible. I appreciate his faith that I could write such a book, however, even if I could, and did, nothing would change. Others have done so already and Christianity in general continues believing those doctrines of theologians.

Those who read the Bible in order to find out what it says will eventually see that the above doctrines are false. However, most read the bible, if at all, as a mere commentary on the doctrines of their theologians, rather than read it in a search for the truth. They will never discover the truth because they have placed their faith and trust in opinions of men while having convinced themselves that their faith is in the Word of God.

“I am the Lord, and there is none else, there is no God beside me…I am the Lord, and there is none else. I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things. Drop down, ye heavens, from above, and let the skies pour down righteousness: let the earth open, and let them bring forth SALVATION, and let righteousness spring up together; I the Lord have created it…I have made the earth, and created man upon it: I, even my hands, have stretched out the heavens, and all their host have I commanded…I have raised him up in righteousness, and I will direct all his ways…For thus saith the Lord that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; He hath established it, He created it not in vain, He formed it to be inhabited: I am the Lord; and there is none else. I have not spoken in secret…and there is no God else beside Me; a just God and a Savior; there is none beside Me. Look unto Me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by Myself, the word is gone out of My mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, that unto Me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear...” (Isaiah 45)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction