Donald Trump For President?

“The decision is announced by messengers, the holy ones declare the verdict, so that the living may know that the Most High is sovereign over all kingdoms on earth and gives them to anyone he wishes...” (Daniel 4:17)

Donald Trump for President!

At first I did not know what to think about the guy. I could not see him clearly because his ego kept getting in the way.  But now I am interested and warming up to him, ego notwithstanding. His slogan is “Make America Great Again”. Can’t argue with that for sure. And the only way I see it happening is to get a successful business person in the white house, get rid of professional Political "lifers" in Congress, and for the American people to start trusting their own opinions rather than those of the professional network and cable news Journalists and their regular pundits. Politicians and network Journalists are the most despised folks in all the country…with Lawyers coming in a close third. Donald Trump is not one of those and he could care less what those professionals think. Me neither.

Trump wants to make America great again the same way that he built a successful Company.  He did so, among other things, by employing people who are not too lazy to work and firing people who were. Reminds me of the following words of wisdom from Paul which sounds like the condition of a lot of folks in the US...

"For when we were with you, we gave you this rule: The one who is unwilling to work shall not eat. We hear that some among you are idle and disruptive.  They are not busy; they are busybodies...we command and urge to settle down and earn the food they eat" (2 Thessalonians 3:10-12)

So until Donald Trump changes his mind or starts bowing to his Political rivals I will remain interested in his views. I would love to see him negotiating with Mexico, China, Japan and especially Iran and the other turban headed countries. One thing for sure, he will not be bowing to any fanatical religious groups, especially those wearing turbans, or a yarmulke for that matter.

Can’t wait for the debate Thursday night to see how he does against the established politicians and how he responds to the mind numbing questions framed by the journalists at fox news.

Back to the above Scripture from Daniel. It is God who will determine the winner in this and all elections. Like it or not, if the Bible can be trusted, it clearly states that GOD has already decided who our next President will be.

Nevertheless, I will pray for, and vote for, the one I want to lead this Nation. And it could be Donald Trump, I have not yet decided. But when I do, I can and will make my requests known to God. Who knows, maybe in this particular Presidential election my will and God’s may turn out to be the same.

“Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God….I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people— for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” (Philippians 4:6; 1 Timothy 2:1-3)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction