Commend Them To God

“And now I commend you to God and to the word of His GRACE, which is able to build you up and to GIVE you the inheritance among all those who are sanctified.” (Acts 20:32)

Most Christian leaders think they have it all figured out. Everyone is going to hell except them and their particular flock of sheep. Fortunately for mankind, God is not interested in joining that flock and sent Jesus to save those that do along with all other sinners. Mankind is a work in progress, marred by sin, but being molded by the great Potter Himself into His image.

So I just relax and "commend them to God”. He will finish His work and when done, He will have reconciled your family, friends and all creation to Himself. So trust God, enjoy life and treat people the way you want to be treated…

“For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus….grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ” (Philippians 1:6; 2 Peter 3:18)

When I look around I do not see much growth “in grace” among men, even among Christians and other religious groups. Not much grace in attitudes, especially toward those with which we disagree - whether politicians, religious doctrine, opposing athletic teams, etc. And I see little growth in the "knowledge" of our Lord. When is the last time you learned something new about God? I have been attending Church for more than 64 years and in all that time I cannot remember anything new in its teaching which would be considered growth in the "knowledge" of our Lord. Just the same old traditions passed down for centuries from the creeds and statements of faith of men.

From time to time I ask myself whether I have grown “in grace and in knowledge of our Lord”. Those areas in which I have grown has shown me that God is more loving, merciful and gracious than I originally thought and was taught.

So why do I care to post my random thoughts at all, since I am “commending you to God”? Well, in reading the Bible I came across this verse….

"You must speak my words to them, whether they listen or fail to listen...listen to what I say to you....” (Ezekiel 2:5, 7)

Whatever opposition I encounter, I try to give out the Word of God, and my thoughts about those Words without corrupting it or altering it to please the long standing traditions of men.  

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction