Whose Faith Saves?

Speaking to Israel God promised...

“‘For I will take you out of the nations; I WILL gather you from all the countries and bring you back into your own land. I WILL sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I WILL cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols. I WILL give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you...I WILL save you from all your uncleanness...THEN you will remember your evil ways and wicked deeds, and you will loathe yourselves for your sins and detestable practices...

Note that it is AFTER HE changes their hearts and puts His Spirit within them that He says they will "loathe yourselves for your sins". In other words, true repentance occurs AFTER they realize God has saved them, not before.

"...I want you to know that I am NOT doing this for your sake, declares the Sovereign LORD. Be ashamed and disgraced for your conduct, people of Israel!.. I the LORD have spoken, and I WILL DO IT." (Ezekiel 36:24-32)

Salvation and righteousness before God came o humanity by the faith of Jesus Christ and the GRACE of God.

"...the righteousness of God is through the faith of Jesus Christ to all, and upon all those believing, for there is no difference, for all did sin, and are come short of the glory of God, being declared righteous freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:22-24 YLT)

Thank you Lord!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction