What is the Gospel?

The word “gospel” means “good news”

The good news is about the Son of God, Christ Jesus…

“It is the gospel of God…concerning His Son” (Romans 1:1,2)

The good news was made known to the Apostle Paul through a revelation of Jesus Christ…

“For I am making known to you, brethren, as to the gospel, which is being brought by me, that it is not in accord with man. For neither did I accept it from a man, nor was I taught it, but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.” (Galatians 1:11-12)

The good news is powerful…

“…it is the power of God unto salvation…” (Romans 1:16)

The good news reveals the righteousness of God…

“For in it the righteousness of God is being revealed…” (Romans 1:17)

Is there a simple statement of the basis for the good news? – yes there is…

“For I give over to you among the first what also I accepted, that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures, and that He was entombed, and that He has been resurrected the third day according to the scriptures...” (1 Corinthians 15:3-5)

So, what happens when I do the right (just) thing which is to believe the good news…

“Being, then, justified by faith, we may be having peace toward God, through our Lord, Jesus Christ, through Whom we have the access also, by faith, into this grace in which we stand, and we may be glorying in expectation of the glory of God.” (Romans 5:1-2)

We are righteous (justified), we have peace toward God, we embrace that our future salvation from death is a gift by the grace from God, and we glory in our expectation of salvation from death at the return of Jesus Christ!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction