May 26th - Joy To Replace Our Despair

Political and religious differences of opinion seem to have fostered such disunity among our American citizens that I fear nothing short of war, and maybe not even that, will bring us together. It is depressing to me at times so I find myself feeling that God is not paying attention. So, I go back into the Bible for encouragement. Here is what I found this morning that helped restore some joy in the midst of these turbulent times.

"This, then, is how you should pray: Our Father in heaven..." (Matthew 6:9

Jesus came into the world to introduce a perceived distant God, as “Our Father”. All that is going on around us is simply preparing us all for the good that "Our Father" will when He gathers His family at the great reunion He will host for humanity one day. He is, after all, tHE “Father of all”

"There is one body and one Spirit, just as you were called to one hope when you were called; one Lord, one faith, one baptism; one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all." (Ephesians 4:6)

"Surely you have heard about the administration of God’s grace that was given to me for you, that is, the mystery made known to me by revelation, as I have already written briefly. In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets.This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus. of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named...For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family a in heaven and on earth derives its name." (Ephesians 3:1-6, 15).

Our Father is the One who gives beauty to replace our ashes, joy to replace our mourning, and the praise to replace our despair.

"He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favorand the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joyinstead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." (Isaiah 61:1-3)

God knows exactly what He’s doing. And He says that the best is yet to come!
Behold, I make all things new.” (Revelation 2:15).


Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction