Alexander the Coppersmith

"Alexander the coppersmith displayed to me much evil: the Lord will be paying him in accord with his acts --whom you also guard against, for very much has he withstood words of ours. At my first defense no one came along with me, but all forsook me. May it not be reckoned against them!. Yet the Lord stood beside me, and He invigorates me, that through me the heralding may be fully discharged, and all the nations should hear; and I am rescued out of the mouth of the lion. The Lord will be rescuing me from every wicked work and will be saving me for His celestial kingdom: to Whom be glory for the eons of the eons. Amen!" (2 Timothy 4:14-18)

Alexander the Coppersmith was most likely a witness for the prosecutor, and in his testimony brought "evil" accusations against Paul before the Roman tribunal.

Paul had to testify for himself and had no friends there to testify on his behalf. Alexander was being used as a witness to impeach the character of Paul, and was lying about him to do so.

But the Lord was on Paul's side, and Paul used it as an opportunity to share the evangel, which is really good news even for the Roman judge. Paul most likely told the judge what he told everybody about God...

"Faithful is the saying and worthy of all welcome (for for this are we toiling and being reproached), that we rely on the living God, Who is the Saviour of all mankind, especially of believers. These things be charging and teaching." (1 Timothy 4:9-11)

Paul was "being reproached" by Alexander, and warned Timothy to guard himself against such men. Nevertheless, the Lord would stand with them and their message of grace - so, whether convicted and thrown into to lion's den, or found not guilty and released, the Lord will be saving them for the "celestial kingdom" and will be with them for the "eons of the eons"

As for Alexander, well, he misses out on the kingdom, and has to wait for his salvation until the end of those eons.

High Five!
😇

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction