We are to bring It...not offer it!

“For I am not ashamed of the gospel because it is the power of God, bringing salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile.” (Romans 1:16)

"bringing salvation to everyone who believes". What does that mean?

Let me illustrate it this way.  If a benefactor gave me a new car it would be good news.  But that good news would only have power if someone brought it to me and I believed it was mine.  The title was transferred to me as a free gift from my benefactor. It is mine whether I accept it, believe it, or even know about it.

Salvation is a free gift from God. It was given to me, and all others, by the "grace of God".  It is ours right now.  We did not earn it and we cannot lose it.  This good news (gospel) is the power that brings salvation to us...the knowledge of that salvation.  And when we believe we have peace and joy.  

The bad news of sin brings shame and death to us all, but the good news of the grace of God brings salvation to "all people".


”For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord…the grace of God has been revealed, bringing salvation to all people…we look forward with hope to that wonderful day when the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, will be revealed. He gave his life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us his very own people…teach these things and encourage the believers…” (Romans 6:23; Titus 2:8-15)

Bring it!

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction