He's Been Set Free

“…those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint…It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.” (Isaiah 40:31; Galatians 5:1)

Until last Saturday, I had not had to deal with the death of a sibling. Now I have…my oldest brother Dee has been set free. Pondering our relationship over the years there are some regrets for not spending more time with him, but I keep coming back to the last conversation we had on the phone the day before. We planned on spending the next day together and the last words exchanged between us was just what he knew I needed to hear and what he wanted to hear back from me…

Dee: “See you tomorrow, love you”

Me: “Look forward to it, love you too big brother”

Regrets are real, but love covers a multitude of sins.  Dee and I will still see each other tomorrow, that was our mutual faith and hope. And we both knew Yogi was right when he quipped “it ain’t over ‘til it’s over”.

Amazing grace
How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me
I once was lost, but now I’m found
Was blind, but now I see

My chains are gone
I’ve been set free
My God, my Savior has ransomed me
And like a flood His mercy reigns
Unending love, amazing grace


See you soon big brother when we rise together to soar “like eagles” and meet "the Lord in the air"...

“We tell you this directly from the Lord: We who are still living when the Lord returns will not meet him ahead of those who have died. For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. Then we will be with the Lord forever. So encourage each other with these words.” (1 Thessalonians 4:15-18)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction