Useless and Divisive

Following is a paraphrase from an article I recently read which was interesting to me.

“The portions of religious Creeds and Statements of Faith which conform to the truth are useless. Why? Because what need is there of a creed or statement if we have the inspired writing in our hands. And religious creeds and statements of faith which do not conform exactly to the truth of the inspired writing only lead to confusion and division…which is rampant.”

So why do we have them?

Beats me...read the Bible.

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Popular posts from this blog

I Am Not Ashamed

Trust Him, He's Got This!

Gun to My Head Prediction